C4Q is a non-profit that is building an inclusive tech community in NYC and increasing economic mobility through technology. We believe that people from all backgrounds—across gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. Through our integrated initiatives -- community-building events, Access Code training program, and targeted policy efforts -- we empower members of our community to pursue careers in the technology sector, activating the potential of tech as a transformative vehicle for increasing economic mobility and providing opportunity to nontraditional audiences.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Marketing and Communications
Time Commitment: Part-Time or Full-Time
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech and Design
Compensation: Paid & Unpaid Opportunities
We are looking for dedicated and able candidates that can help create visual graphics, website design, and other brand material that is representative of our organization. This position requires a candidate with a passion for design, who is detail-oriented and has strong project management skills. You will be working directly with the organization’s core team and will be getting firsthand experience in building a brand, graphic design, and marketing communications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing graphics for the C4Q website
- Assist in the formatting & design of internal and external presentation materials
- Conceptualize and create brand materials that are representative of C4Q
- Administrative and operational tasks
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
Candidates must have:
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
- Graphic and/or web design background
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Painstaking attention to detail, organization, and thoroughness
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens
- Familiarity and/or background in computer science and web development
- Experience working with a nonprofit
Who We Are
C4Q fosters the Queens tech ecosystem to increase economic opportunity and to transform the world's most diverse community into a leading hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit that aims to create a tech community that is reflective of our society, with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.