Tech Education Program Intern
C4Q is a non-profit that is building an inclusive tech community in NYC and increasing economic mobility through technology. We believe that people from all backgrounds—across gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future.
C4Q’s Access Code program produces high quality mobile developers through an intensive 9-month curriculum developed and taught by industry experts. Our graduates are being hired at leading tech companies such as Pinterest, OKCupid, NBCUniversal, Jet, and many others. Access Code class demographics are reflective of the NYC tech community we aim to build, with 50% women, 60% black or Hispanic, and 50% immigrants.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Programs & Operations
Time Commitment: Part-Time or Full-Time
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech & Education
Compensation: Paid & Unpaid Opportunities
We are looking for dedicated and able candidates to assist in implementing our Access Code program, our intensive and inclusive tech education program. As a part of a growing and agile team, the Tech Education Program Intern will play a key role in supporting the Access Code team in successful program execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the collection and organization of participant performance data and the compilation of reports on progress
- Ensuring that the Access Code instructors, teaching assistants, and students have the resources they need, such as lesson plans, space, and equipment
- Supporting Access Code program participants’ industry immersion curricula by facilitating guest lectures, researching and compiling reading materials, and identifying key industry events
- Supporting volunteer recruitment, training, and engagement throughout the program
- Administrative and operational tasks
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
Candidates must have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- High level of organization
- Passion about spreading access to tech education
- Familiarity and/or background in computer science and web development
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite
- Background in program development
- Experience working with a nonprofit
Who we are
C4Q fosters the Queens tech ecosystem to increase economic opportunity and to transform the world's most diverse community into a leading hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit that aims to create a tech community that is reflective of our society, with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.