Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults from low-income and diverse communities how to code and help them get engineering jobs in tech. Our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 a year, going from poverty to the middle class. Graduates are hired at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, IBM, Jet, JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, and 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise startup backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team. Our staff brings expertise and leadership across multiple sectors and industries: graduates of Harvard Business School and Wharton; previous Bain & Company and Bridgewater Associates; experience launching the national #GivingTuesday campaign; and engineers from NYTimes, Uber, Google.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing startup that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 4 years. Just three years ago we had only two employees. We are currently a team of 20 and anticipate doubling our team to 40 this year. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community.
Culture and Values
Giving Our All
Data-Driven, Human Judgment
In addition to our values, our characteristics bind our values and form the basis of our team and community.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Tech Education (Access Code) and Partnerships
Time Commitment: Part-Time or Full-Time
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech and Marketing
Compensation: Paid & Unpaid Opportunities
We are looking for dedicated and able candidates to help organize and manage professional events in the rapidly expanding NYC tech startup sector. Ideal candidates will have a passion for bringing people together and are looking to pursue careers in tech, marketing, events and/or communications. You will be working directly with the organization’s core team and will be getting firsthand experience in event planning, building industry relationships, marketing & public relations.
- Help planning and implementing monthly tech industry events, such as Queens Tech Meetup
- Assisting in defining event strategies
- Registration and attendee management
- Creating marketing communications, often via social media
- Engaging in venue scouting and relationship development
- Post-event follow up, documentation, and analysis
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communications skills
- Understanding of technology industry and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Basic design skills (flyers/handouts, Photoshop, video editing, etc.)
- Solid organizational skills; prioritization and multi-tasking
- Attention to detail and accountability
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens
- Experience working with a nonprofit
- Background in program development
- Familiarity and/or background in computer science and web development