C4Q is a non-profit that is building an inclusive tech community in NYC and increasing economic mobility through technology. We believe that people from all backgrounds—across gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. Through our integrated initiatives -- community-building events, Access Code training program, and targeted policy efforts -- we empower members of our community to pursue careers in the technology sector, activating the potential of tech as a transformative vehicle for increasing economic mobility and providing opportunity to nontraditional audiences.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Tech Education (Access Code) and Partnerships
Time Commitment: Part-Time or Full-Time
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech and Marketing
Compensation: Paid & Unpaid Opportunities
We are looking for dedicated and able candidates to help organize and manage professional events in the rapidly expanding NYC tech startup sector. Ideal candidates will have a passion for bringing people together and are looking to pursue careers in tech, marketing, events and/or communications. You will be working directly with the organization’s core team and will be getting firsthand experience in event planning, building industry relationships, marketing & public relations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help planning and implementing monthly tech industry events, such as Queens Tech Meetup
- Assisting in defining event strategies
- Registration and attendee management
- Creating marketing communications, often via social media
- Engaging in venue scouting and relationship development
- Post-event follow up, documentation, and analysis
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communications skills
- Understanding of technology industry and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Basic design skills (flyers/handouts, Photoshop, video editing, etc.)
- Solid organizational skills; prioritization and multi-tasking
- Attention to detail and accountability
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens
- Experience working with a nonprofit
- Background in program development
- Familiarity and/or background in computer science and web development
Who We Are
C4Q fosters the Queens tech ecosystem to increase economic opportunity and to transform the world's most diverse community into a leading hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit that aims to create a tech community that is reflective of our society, with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.