Head of Access Code Community and Partnerships
We believe that people from every community—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future.
We are transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through our innovative Access Code program. This intensive program in mobile app development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. With support from leaders in business, philanthropy, and technology including Blackstone, Robin Hood Foundation, and Google, we are pioneering new pathways from poverty to the middle class.
Graduates are quadrupling their annual income from $18,900 to over $85,000 with jobs at leading tech companies such as Pinterest, Buzzfeed, OKCupid, and many others. Program cohorts are inclusive, diverse, and reflective of the industry we aim to create with at least 50% women, 60% underrepresented minorities, 40% immigrants, and 50% without 4-year college degrees. The most recent cycle of the program successfully trained over 50 developers, and the program will double to graduate over 100 developers in the coming year.
About the Position
C4Q and our Access Code program are enabled through the efforts of our greater community. Access Code volunteers include some of the best software engineers, tech professionals, and thought leaders across New York City. As Access Code continues to graduate exceptional engineering talent, we are actively growing the larger tech community to be more inclusive and diverse.
The Head of Access Code Community and Partnerships will be responsible for growing and shaping our community of volunteers, alumni, and partners to ensure the success of the program. We’re looking for an excellent communicator with a big heart and an even bigger passion for building lasting relationships and deep partnerships. This energetic and friendly individual will work across a wide range of organizations, including tech, government, academic, non-profits, and others.
- Develop and drive the Access Code volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and onboarding
- Ensure that all volunteers are engaged, committed, and feel the impact of their contributions to both the organization and to the greater community
- Active follow-up and communications with community
- Manage and maintain database of volunteers, understanding different ways of matching volunteer skillsets to appropriate opportunities and challenges within the Access Code Program
- Develop and implement strategy for student recruitment, and work with Access Code Program Managers to identify latent talent from the pool of applicants
- Develop and implement strategy for continued support of Access Code participants post-graduation, including sustained job search help
- Continued engagement, tracking, and support of graduates after hiring
- Grow the Access Code Alumni program and help create events, meetups, and other opportunities for continued Alumni engagement
- Be a public-facing representative of C4Q at meetups, conferences, panels, and other tech events
- Engage existing partners and identify opportunities for new partnerships that support the goals of C4Q
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in community management, volunteer management, or related field
- Experience in community management and building
- Energetic, warm, engaging, and friendly
- Ability to work with individuals and different stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds
- Able to motivate others and build deep relationships
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.