Access Code Program Manager
Coalition for Queens is transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through its innovative Access Code program. This intensive 9-month part-time program in mobile app development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for entry-level developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent.
C4Q seeks an Access Code Program Manager to drive and develop programming for the talented students in our intensive and inclusive tech education program. The Program Manager is the most hands-on member of our team helping our students, ensuring their success, and organizing tech events, among other duties.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous manager and outcomes-oriented mobilizer. He or She finds extreme joy in collaborating with talented individuals to improve their lives through tech.
Ensure the success of our students:
- Work with Head of Student Success & Outcomes to ensure the success of the cohort by working to develop student talent
- Manage the entire program life cycle and continually develop the vision for programs
- Support the social culture within and between each cohort
- Conduct check-in meetings with students from the cohort to ensure that everyone is on track
- Assist in the collection of metrics and reports on progress
- Assist organizing demo days, hackathons, and other events for students
- Work with our community management team to foster a community of learners and developers that give back by contributing curriculum development
Support curriculum development and implementation:
- Ensure the successful implementation of the curriculum
- Ensure the Access Code instructors, teaching assistants, and developers in training have all the resources they need, such as instruction, space, and equipment
- Support the Head of Curriculum & Instruction in the instructional experience through training and documentation
- Contribute to curriculum development for the course and help pilot curriculum and course offerings over various formats
- Deep understanding of success for developers
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers
- Able to work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.