Android Technical Expert & Lead Instructor
C4Q is looking for a passionate and talented Android mobile development technical expert and educator to be a lead instructor in our Access Code program.
The Android Technical Expert & Lead Instructor should have a no-fail attitude and be prepared to work with other C4Q instructors and teaching assistants to do whatever it takes to provide the appropriate curriculum, instruction, leadership, mentorship, and support to ensure student success. This person should have experience in tech and the startup environment, an interest in teaching, and a passion for C4Q’s mission.
We believe that people from every community—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future.
We are transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through our innovative Access Code program. This intensive program in software development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. With support from leaders in business, philanthropy, and technology including Blackstone, Robin Hood Foundation, and Google, we are pioneering new pathways from poverty to the middle class.
Graduates are quadrupling their annual income from $18,900 to over $85,000 with jobs at leading tech companies such as Pinterest, Buzzfeed, OKCupid, and many others. Program cohorts are inclusive, diverse, and reflective of the industry we aim to create with at least 50% women, 60% underrepresented minorities, 40% immigrants, and 50% without 4-year college degrees. The most recent cycle of the program successfully trained over 90 developers, and the program will expand to graduate over 120 developers in the coming year.
- Work with Program Manager, other instructors, and teaching assistants to train adults who have no previous background in technology - with a variety of educational attainment from public universities to community colleges to no degree at all - and transform them into mobile developers employable at the best tech startups
- Collaborate with our Brain Trust, a team of engineering leaders from companies ranging from VICE to Facebook to Dropbox, to refine an Android/iOS curricula to match the needs of participants from a wide-range of educational and socio-economic backgrounds
- Manage a full-time assistant instructor
- Own and measure student learning outcomes through assessments and exit tickets
- Assist the Access Code Director and other Instructors to recruit and select the highest potential students for the Access Code program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science and Android/iOS mobile development
- Passion for teaching and mentorship
- Engineering experience at a startup or tech company
- Compassionate and able to work with a broad range of students
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to excel in a startup environment, working under tight deadlines, limited resources, and under pressure
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q
- Strong work ethic
Work with bright, passionate, innovative people from across disciplines to improve accessibility to tech education across New York City
Build creative mobile applications and technical products with students & the C4Q team
Creatively apply your skills to solve interesting problems as we grow our organization
Change the lives of students from underserved and underrepresented backgrounds
We are looking for full-time, part-time, and part-time hourly instructors. We offer competitive salaries as well as health, dental, and vision benefits. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website.
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.