Business & Analytics Fellowship (C4Q Ventures)
C4Q Ventures is a for-profit entity working to create the spaces, structures, and systems that support Queens to be a premier destination for NYC’s tech, advanced manufacturing, creative, and cultural communities. We are working to create a physical home bringing all of these sectors together through working, creating, and living together.
C4Q Ventures is partnered with Coalition for Queens, a nonprofit that fosters a tech entrepreneurial ecosystem to spur economic development and opportunity in Queens, NY, the world’s most diverse community. We achieve our goals through a combination of tech education, advocacy, and events. Coalition for Queens believes that everyone should have an opportunity to pursue a career in technology and become an entrepreneur.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Type: Full-Time or Part-Time, Spring or Summer
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech, Fundraising & Development
Compensation: Unpaid or for credit
We are looking for dedicated and able candidates that can provide analytical and creative brainpower to support the following areas:
- Business development and partnerships
- Modeling, particularly around real estate and earned income strategies
- Space planning
This position requires a candidate with a background in business and the built environment, who is detail-oriented, proactive, focused, and has strong project management skills. You will be working directly with C4Q Venture’s Managing Director as well as the two co-founders. You will be getting firsthand experience in the building of a new and exciting organization as well as the structures, strategy, and partnerships that make it happen – all while shaping the future of New York’s Tech industry.
- Modeling and analytics
- Decks and partnership strategy, as well as potential tenant solicitation
- Planning and coordination of meetings and events
- All-around business support and execution
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
- Candidates must have:
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Strong skills in general business communications tools (Gmail, calendar, etc)
- Real estate/urban planning, business and/or finance background
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail, organized, and thorough
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens
- Familiarity and/or background in computer science and web development
- Experience working with a nonprofit
Who We Are
Coalition for Queens fosters the Queens tech ecosystem to increase economic opportunity and to transform the world's most diverse community into a leading hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit that aims to create a tech community that is reflective of our society, with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via our form:
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.