Coalition for Queens (C4Q) seeks a Community Manager to drive the process of identifying, securing, and managing volunteer, alumni, and partner relationships, which are critical to program success for our organization. We’re looking for an excellent communicator and organizer with experience building and managing important community programs, partnerships, and relationships for an organization.
Our mission-driven organization is unique in its diversity and scope of projects: developing Access Code, our intensive and inclusive tech education program; building community through tech events; and engaging partners in tech, government, and the broader community to support our work. The Community Manager would be a key individual in helping us develop and achieve multiple objectives across projects.
The Community Manager will focus on developing volunteer and Access Code alumni programs and relationships, as well as helping organizing important community events including info sessions, hackathons, and meetup. We expect this role to expand to handle partnerships from a wide range of backgrounds: tech companies, startups, corporations, foundations, financial companies, government entities, and more. The Community Manager will be responsible for collaborating with our various teams to seek out partnerships that provide value both for C4Q and for the partner, both in the near and long term.
- Develop and drive the C4Q volunteer engagement program, including:
- Recruit, train, and continually engage volunteers across all programs and functions
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training and level of supervision to be successful in their positions
- Help organize and execute on C4Q community events, such as meetups, Access Code info sessions, and other program events such as Demo Day, graduation, and hiring days
- Develop and drive an Access Code alumni engagement program to build the C4Q community
- Engage existing partners and identify opportunities for new partnerships that support the goals of C4Q
- Attend and represent C4Q and its various programs at tech events including meetups, fundraising events, and other engagement opportunities
- Experience in community management and building, preferably in volunteer management
- Outgoing personality, ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Able to motivate and influence others and build relationships
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Experience organizing events
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology