Director of Finance
At C4Q, we believe that people from every community—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
With support from leaders in business, philanthropy, and technology including Blackstone, the Robin Hood Foundation, and Google, we are pioneering new pathways from poverty to the middle class. We are transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through our innovative Access Code program. This intensive program in software development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. Graduates from our most recent cohort saw their average annual incomes increase from $18,000 to $85,000 after completing the program.
As an internal leader of the organization, the Director of Finance will drive the financial systems of C4Q, striving to implement best practices to maximize resources while using innovative tools to increase revenue. In addition to overseeing day-to-day financial operations, the Director will be responsible for developing long-term strategies through the use of financial and operational data. C4Q seeks to constantly improve as we build our organization, and the Director of Finance will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) in evaluating and advancing our organizational strategies.
With C4Q in the process of doubling its programming and staff from 12 to 27 in 2017, this position is an opportunity for a committed and talented individual to help maximize the capacity of our non-profit organization as we navigate this stage of pivotal growth.
- Provide overall financial oversight and management; manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with ED
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Keep senior leadership team informed of organization’s financial status
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; manage relationship with external auditors
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Support and advise the CEO in decision making
- Ensure that relevant financial data is presented to the CEO and senior management team
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors
- 8+ years of professional experience with 6+ years of financial management experience
- B.A. required, MBA/CPA or related degree preferred
- Previous experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Previous experience in budget and resource development
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives and motivate staff during a period of intense growth
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy and passion for C4Q’s mission
- High level of intellectual curiosity and excitement to fully engage with the broader NYC technology sector
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via our form: