Web Development Technical Expert & Lead Instructor
Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults from low-income and diverse communities how to code and help them get engineering jobs in tech. Our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 a year, going from poverty to the middle class. Graduates are hired at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, IBM, Jet, JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, and 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise startup backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team. Our staff brings expertise and leadership across multiple sectors and industries: graduates of Harvard Business School and Wharton; previous Bain & Company and Bridgewater Associates; experience launching the national #GivingTuesday campaign; and engineers from NYTimes, Uber, Google.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing startup that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 4 years. Just three years ago we had only two employees. We are currently a team of 20 and anticipate doubling our team to 40 this year. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community.
Culture and Values
Giving Our All
Data-Driven, Human Judgment
In addition to our values, our characteristics bind our values and form the basis of our team and community.
C4Q is looking for a passionate and talented Web development technical expert and educator to be a lead instructor in our Access Code program. The Web Development Technical Expert & Lead Instructor should have a no-fail attitude and be prepared to work with other C4Q instructors and teaching assistants to do whatever it takes to provide the appropriate curriculum, instruction, leadership, mentorship, and support to ensure student success. This person should have experience in tech and the startup environment, an interest in teaching, and a passion for C4Q’s mission.
- Work with a Program Manager, other instructors, and teaching assistants to train adults who have no previous background in technology - with a variety of educational attainment from public universities to community colleges to no degree at all - and transform them into web developers employable at the best tech startups
- Collaborate with our Brain Trust, a team of engineering leaders from companies ranging from VICE to Facebook to Dropbox, to refine a web development curricula to match the needs of participants from a wide-range of educational and socio-economic backgrounds
- Manage a full-time assistant instructor
- Own and measure student learning outcomes through assessments and exit tickets
- Assist the Access Code Director and other Instructors to recruit and select the highest potential students for the Access Code program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science and web development
- Passion for teaching and mentorship
- Engineering experience at a tech startup
- Compassionate and able to work with a broad range of students
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to excel in a startup environment, working under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q
- Strong work ethic
We are looking for full-time, part-time, and part-time hourly instructors. We offer competitive salaries as well as health, dental, and vision benefits. Interested?