Partnerships Program Fellowship
C4Q is a non-profit that is building an inclusive tech community in NYC and increasing economic mobility through technology. We believe that people from all backgrounds—across gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. Through our integrated initiatives -- community-building events, Access Code training program, and targeted policy efforts -- we empower members of our community to pursue careers in the technology sector, activating the potential of tech as a transformative vehicle for increasing economic mobility and providing opportunity to nontraditional audiences.
We are looking for passionate and able candidates to help with fundraising and development projects. The intern will assist in a variety of capacities, including donor management, grant research, and fundraising communication. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about funding a nonprofit organization.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Type: Full-Time or Part-Time, Spring or Summer
Min. Experience: Passion for Tech, Fundraising & Development
Compensation: Unpaid or for credit
- Executing development activities, including contacting prospective donors and corporations
- Assisting with planning and coordinating events
- Researching development and marketing best practices
- Researching grant and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Assisting in authoring grant proposals
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines and be open to both collaboration and critique. You should be meticulous, organized, and self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability and willingness to hustle to do things well and do things right.
- Interest in development or fundraising
- Background in business, sales, marketing, or nonprofit development - MBA, MPA, MPP candidates preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience using Salesforce, Foundation Directory Online, EventBrite, and MailChimp
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens
Who We Are
Coalition for Queens fosters the Queens tech ecosystem to increase economic opportunity and to transform the world's most diverse community into a leading hub of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit that aims to create a tech community that is reflective of our society, with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via our form:
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.