Tech Events Producer
C4Q seeks a Tech Events Producer to lead the ideation, production, and execution of C4Q tech industry events. The purpose of our events is to create engaging platforms for Queens tech entrepreneurs and companies to showcase their innovations, build networks, and create new products. He or she will also help us connect with non-traditional audiences, reaching those who may not have any knowledge about tech and provide them the resources to enter the industry.
The Producer will oversee the content creation, planning, and operations of a variety of events, from working with the Access Code Director on workshops to helping coordinate the volunteer-run Queens Tech Meetup. The Producer will work with a wide range of people with different backgrounds and skillsets, including technologists and entrepreneurs from leading startups and companies, as well as students, budding computer programmers, and individuals from underserved and low-income populations.
The Producer will have a primary role in our Access Code developer training program, working with the Head of Student Success & Outcomes to ensure that Access Code students are equipped with the industry knowledge necessary to navigate the tech industry and launch successful careers in tech. The Producer will help develop and curate content for the entrepreneurship workshop series to complement the Access Code technical skills training. The Producer will also work with partner organizations to co-produce future special projects, which in the past have included the first Open Tech conference in NYC as well as city-wide initiatives such as BigApps and NYC Top Makers.
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.
- Oversee the conceptualization, planning, and operations of C4Q events, including Access Code events such as the Entrepreneurship workshops and Demo Day
- Understand the needs of entrepreneurs, companies, and students in Queens and within the C4Q community
- Source and secure the best companies and entrepreneurs for C4Q programming
- Coordinate leading industry experts and speakers and organize site visits to tech companies
- Work with volunteer committee to coordinate and organize C4Q events
- Work with the Head of Student Success & Outcomes to ensure that Access Code students are equipped with the industry knowledge necessary to navigate the tech industry and launch successful careers in tech
- Strong understanding of tech industry and ability to navigate the ecosystem
- Excellent organizational skills and highly meticulous
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and accurately across different media and to different audiences
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and information
- Passionate and dynamic, with ability to engage students from different backgrounds and experiences
- Compassionate and able to inspire and support graduates through the Access Code Program
- Highly resourceful and has a willingness to hustle
- Strong work ethic