Access Code Program Manager (Daytime)
Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults from low-income and diverse communities how to code and help them get engineering jobs in tech. Our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 a year, going from poverty to the middle class. Graduates are hired at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, IBM, Jet, JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, and 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise startup backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team. Our staff brings expertise and leadership across multiple sectors and industries: graduates of Harvard Business School and Wharton; previous Bain & Company and Bridgewater Associates; experience launching the national #GivingTuesday campaign; and engineers from NYTimes, Uber, Google.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing startup that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 4 years. Just three years ago we had only two employees. We are currently a team of 20 and anticipate doubling our team to 40 this year. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community.
Culture and Values
Giving Our All
Data-Driven, Human Judgment
In addition to our values, our characteristics bind our values and form the basis of our team and community.
Access Code Program Managers drive and develop programming for the talented students in our intensive and inclusive tech education program. Program Managers (PMs), will report directly to our Head of Operations and Planning, and are the most hands-on members of the team. Our PMs are comfortable as generalists, doing anything from working closely with our industry expert instructors on curriculum implementation to developing analyses that will inform how to improve the Access Code experience. They are also passionate advocates for student success, supporting them in and out of the classroom.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous manager and outcomes-oriented mobilizer. He or she finds extreme joy in collaborating with talented individuals to improve their lives through tech. The Program Manager role provides great exposure to all the functional areas of an innovative and values-driven non-profit, and immense opportunity to develop operational skills.
Ensure the success of our students:
- Work with Head of Student Success & Outcomes to ensure the success of the cohort by working to develop student talent
- Manage the entire program life cycle and continually develop the vision for programs
- Support the social culture within and between each cohort
- Conduct check-in meetings with students from the cohort to ensure that everyone is on track
- Assist in the collection of metrics and reports on progress
- Assist organizing demo days, hackathons, and other events for students
Support curriculum development and implementation:
- Support the Head of Curriculum & Instruction in the instructional experience through training and documentation
- Ensure the successful implementation of the curriculum
- Ensure the Access Code instructors, teaching assistants, and developers in training have all the resources they need, such as instruction, space, and equipment
- Contribute to curriculum development for the course and help pilot curriculum and course offerings over various formats, based on observation and data gathered
- Work with our community management team to foster a community of learners and developers that give back by contributing curriculum development
- Deep understanding of success for developers - experience working with developers or engineers is a plus
- Prior experience in classroom or educational settings is also a plus
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits. Interested?